Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Crockpot Shredded Pork

I love tacos, but I hate how plain they can typically be... ground or shredded beef...taco seasoning and sides.  Then on top of that you have a huge mess on the stove from cooking everything! I've found an easier way to make them, using my crock pot, that frees up more time and makes my hectic life a little easier!

I start out by taking the pork roast and putting it in the crock pot with enough chicken stock to fill the crock pot that goes up about half way.  I then put a mixture of salt, pepper, cumin and blacken seasoning on the pork roast and put the cover on.  I let it cook all day starting out on high for about 2-3ish hours then on low for 6 hours.


crockpot pork tacos

After it is done in the slow cooker I shred the hell out of it until there aren't any huge chunks. (with how much time it spent in the crock pot it should shred super easy)



crockpot pork tacos
I then mix the shredded pork with all the liquids still left in the crock pot then add in one 10 oz jar of enchilada sauce, one 10 oz can of black beans and one 10 oz can of corn.  I then let them warm up in the crock pot while I get the rest of the ingredients. 

crockpot pork tacos
 Everyone's specific on what they like on their tacos, the hubs and I prefer a little home made guacamole, shredded lettuce, onion, tomato, sour cream and shredded cheese and whole wheat soft taco shells.

No comments:

Post a Comment