Wednesday, August 3, 2016

*Update* + 35/36 Week Bump

So technically I should be in the middle of my c-section.  I'm either A. Multi tasking like a champ, fabulously writing this blog post, while delivering my boys, or B. The c-section was put off till Thursday because my OB wanted to give me two steroid injections to ensure the boys' lungs are developed enough.

While I wish it was option A, and that would be awesome, B it tis and I'm b-ok....a-ok with that.


So after a few days of calling doctors, making appointments, going to appointments, crying, laughing, crying some more and figuring things out here is the game plan:

I was supposed to deliver the boys this Wednesday, that got pushed back ONE day to Thursday because they want me to do two steroid injections to help their little lungs.  Apparently white baby boys do NOT do as well with the whole multi-tasking thing of breathing, and being out of the womb.  *that explains men and their multitasking.... :) *

I met with my oncologist who got the test results back stating that the new cancer is ER/PR+ (woo-hoo) and HER2+!!!  In the world of breast cancer this is probably one of the best things to hear, because treatment options are practically limitless!  I never thought I would be so happy to hear that.  My oncologist also said that because of a c-section and my inflamed uterus (sorry guys if that's TMI) that on a PET scan it will light up, so she wants to wait a little bit, let my body heal and we scheduled the scan for August 16th, with a followup with her on the 17th.  That scan will determine if the cells are still in those lymph nodes or if it has spread.  PLEASE send all sorts of prayers, light, sparkle, positive juju or whatever works for you to me that they have stayed within.

If they have behaved and stayed inside the lymph nodes, maybe a few rounds of chemo, or maybe just radiation to the area and monitoring it further, followed by jumping back on the Tamoxifen bandwagon. It all depends on those pesky little cancer cells.  I don't think I've been so happy to get back to taking a specific medication in my entire life.

Needless to say this is definitely a crazy time in our lives, welcoming our twin baby boys in just 24 hours and then dealing with this cancer.  I've had more downs then ups the last few days, but I'm staying as positive as I can because frankly I cannot change my current situation, I can only change my attitude.

Chad, myself and the family are going to take these next couple weeks to snuggle the newest additions then put our game faces on and beat this.

With that said, here is the last and final Bump Pic of me with my baby boys!!  
This pregnancy was amazing, I enjoyed every last minute of it, and felt like it went by at lightning speed.  I wish that this was something that I would be able to go through again, but Chad and I have made the very difficult decision that it is just too dangerous for me to carry that third embryo when we decide to go down that path.  We will more than likely be on the hunt for a surrogate and see if our third baby boy can be welcomed into the world with her help.  



How Far Along: 35/36 weeks!
Feeling: Besides my current situation, overall baby-wise I'm feeling great.  My energy is awesome, I have swelling in my legs and feet but it is not nearly as bad.
Weight: I've lost two pounds.
Cravings: Powdered donuts. Addicted.  Chocolate Milk.  Addicted.  Cupcakes. Addicted.  Anything sweet that gets in my way is gone.
Mae & June: Hot spots-1 Emily/Chad-0.  We've tried everything and it's still not working, so off to the vet Mae goes.
Sleep: I've only been sleeping about an hour or so, waking up, peeing, and trying to sleep, but I attribute the lack there of for the recent re-diagnosis of my breast cancer.
Energy:  TONS~ probably because it's crunch time.
Looking Forward To: MEETING MY BABY BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! While I'm SO scared to be a new mom, I welcome it with open arms!  

At my last ultrasound the boys were coming in at 5lbs 12 oz and 5lbs 11 oz, so by now they are way over 6 pounds each and I feel comfortable with that and the fact that we are delivering two weeks earlier then we planned.  Like I've said, I've learned to never seriously plan anything because life can pull the rug out from under you and it is all about how you recover.  Either gracefully or flat on your face.

1 comment:

  1. Horrible news about your recur but if you're going to have a primary or secondary breast cancer, all hormone and HER2 positive is the best one in town. Roll on tomorrow and say Hi to those boys from me in England (although I'll be on your side of the Atlantic from next week! Sz xx

    ReplyDelete