Friday, January 13, 2017

Bathroom Shower Tile

So months and months and many more months ago, when I was pregnant I knew that before the boys arrived I would want to retile the bathroom.  We had this plastic surround that would always get grimy and gross, so I wanted something fresh and clean.  This is what we started with:


and after some tile, a little grout and a new shower head:
We bought the subway tile from Menards, got the tile for the niche, along with two preformed niches from The Tile Shop and bought the shower head set from Home Depot.  I'm in LOVE!
We did our usual thing and wrote inside the wall to mark the occasion and memory.
Once the walls were up we started tiling.  Getting the niche done first, followed by the subway tile.
Followed by grout.
We ended up with a decent size gap between the top piece of tile and the ceiling. 
Like the three little bears it was too small for tile, to big for grout so....
We added a piece of quarter round to the top, caulked and painted it the same color as the ceiling.
Just perfect.
We love the showerhead, but it didn't come with a handheld attachment so we bough this one and it works great for giving the boys and the dogs baths and matches great with the showerhead kit we bought..


With all of our other bathroom projects, we always wanted to do a niche to have a place to store all of our things, but when it came down to it we never did, thinking it would be too much work or too expensive.  It did cost a little more, and take a little extra time, but it was SO worth it.
I found this little guy at Steins last fall.  It is called an "air plant" and literally you do NOTHING to it.  Set it and forget it.  No water, no dirt, nothing.  I found the little pot at Steins too, plopped the plant inside and put it in our bathroom.  The steam from showers helps it and I have not watered it at all!  Maybe I've found a plant that I can actually keep alive.






No comments:

Post a Comment