Monday, December 16, 2013

Pan Fried Frog Legs

I know, I know.  You're probably thinking, "has the chemo made this girl go mad? FROG LEGS"....no I haven't gone mad, I grew up eating these and they are delicious!!

A few weeks ago while at the store I saw some frog legs.  I haven't had them in years so decided to give them a whirl!

What you need:
  • 1 package of frog legs
  • 1/2 of a yellow onion rough chopped
  • Salt/pepper/favorite seasonings
  • 1 tablespoon of diced garlic
  • Butter
  • Olive Oil
Start out by putting about a tablespoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of butter in a pan.  Once melted add the onions and garlic and sprinkle with a little salt.  Let them sauté for approximately five minutes.  While the onions are cooking season up your frog legs with salt, pepper, and any combination of your favorite seasonings.  I find that garlic powder and a jerk seasoning work pretty well. 

Once that is done add them into the pan and cook for approximately 4 minutes on one side and 3 on the other (give or take).




I plated them and tossed the onions and any pan drippings on top for extra flavor, then sprinkled with a little parsley!

 They were delicious! The hubs loved them and kept going back for more!!  This is one dish that may sound a little weird, "hey family I'm making some frog legs for dinner", but trust me they are yummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment