Thursday, October 24, 2013

My Mom's World Famous Chocolate Malts!

Since I was young my mom has always made THE best chocolate malts.  They were perfect, weren't too heavy, not too soupy...just perfect!!

chocolate malts, comfort food, tasty, spending time with mom

What you need:
  • 2 squirts of chocolate syrup
  • 4 heaping tablespoons of original malt powder
  • 1/4 gallons of Vanilla Bean ice cream
  • Skim milk
  • A blender
  • Whipped cream
  • Straws
  • BIG mugs!
  • Empty stomach
Take the malt powder and chocolate syrup and put it first into the blender, followed by the ice cream.  Once all of those ingredients are in there, pour the milk into the blender till it is amount 2 inches below the top (so the cover can fit on).  Blend until smooth!

***Remember when adding the malt powder, USE THE ORIGINAL KIND NOT THE CHOCOLATE MALT POWDER, only because the key to making these "chocolate malts" taste so delicious is not overdoing it with the chocolate! Sounds crazy but trust me!!

chocolate malts, comfort food, tasty, spending time with mom

In the two mugs, take some Reddi Wip and put it in the bottom of the jar, then followed by the blended malts and then add more whipped cream on top!

chocolate malts, comfort food, tasty, spending time with mom

These malts are a cure all. Literally!  They aren't heavy like some other malts where you need a Bobcat front end loader to scoop out the malt!  I love these malts and they are a comfort to me when I'm sad, happy or just hanging out with my mom after Chemo and I hope they can become your cure all and comfort!

Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. Lilliana and I are gonna make em tomorrow night now.....love you Em
    Bonny

    ReplyDelete