Sunday, October 27, 2013

A Spooky Halloween Wreath

I LOVE making wreaths.  I consider it my "therapy" and is a lot cheaper too.  Anyone who knows me knows that it's sort of an obsession and if they haven't gotten a wreath yet they probably will by the end of the year!  I love themed wreaths especially!  I've made one for each holiday and to keep with the tradition I had to make one for Halloween.

With a little blood, sweat, tears and some hot glue I successfully made this wreath! Well there wasn't any blood, sweat and tears, but I do think it turned out pretty good if I say so myself!


wreath, diy, crafts, hot glue gun, halloween, crow, glitter, spiders, scary, spooky, wreaths, grape vine wreath
I got all of the materials from Michael's Craft Store and with the coupons they always have this project cost me approximately $20.00.

What I used::
  • Grape vine wreath form
  • Hot glue gun
  • Glitter spiders, crow, leaves etc.... (I used what I could find and what I thought would work well together)
  • Scissors


wreath, diy, crafts, hot glue gun, halloween, crow, glitter, spiders, scary, spooky, wreaths, grape vine wreath
 I don't really plan how everything is going to look or buy exact amounts, I just buy what I think will look good and make it work with these sorts of wreaths.

I start out by weaving in the black glitter leaves as my base.  All the leaves came as one in a bundle, but I just broke them apart and used them individually so I could fan them out easier.

wreath, diy, crafts, hot glue gun, halloween, crow, glitter, spiders, scary, spooky, wreaths, grape vine wreath Then followed by the purple/black glitter balls and the foam pumpkins.

**I DO NOT hot glue anything until I know for sure its how I want it.

Once I had them how I wanted I and tweak any areas I hot glue the back of the leaves to the wreath form until I thought it had enough that it would not fall apart.

The final part was adding the spiders and the crow and viola, a wreath is made!

wreath, diy, crafts, hot glue gun, halloween, crow, glitter, spiders, scary, spooky, wreaths, grape vine wreath


I love this one! And a positive thing is the project did not take very long, actually, the cleanup took longer then putting it together!  I'm happy with the turn out and it definitely completes our Halloween decor!!

wreath, diy, crafts, hot glue gun, halloween, crow, glitter, spiders, scary, spooky, wreaths, grape vine wreath
I hope everyone had fun celebrating Halloween this weekend.  The hubs and I ended up going out on Saturday and dressed up as the "pirate and the parrot" and had a blast!

wreath, diy, crafts, hot glue gun, halloween, crow, glitter, spiders, scary, spooky, wreaths, grape vine wreath, pirate, parrot, halloween costume

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment