Thursday, June 27, 2013

DIY Wall Decor

This is a project that I found all over Pinterest and definitely wanted to incorporate it into the wall collage the hubs and I were working on in our hallway going upstairs.

Of course I don't have a step by step (in pictures) process for how to do this project, but it's super simple!

What you'll need:
  • Either one rectangular frame or three frames (any color can do because you can just spray paint them if they don't match)
  • Three sheets of computer paper
  • A map of the different locations you and your lover met, married and celebrated your anniversary
  • Tape
  • Glitter sticky hearts
  • Letters to spell out what you want be under each of the locations
  • A map of the areas where you two met/married/honeymooned or celebrated an anniversary 
It seems like a lot of stuff, but most of it should either be in your house or can be found at your local Target or craft store.

I was able to do the "Where we met..." and "Married 10-13-07" right away but had to wait till we went on our 5 year anniversary trip to Oahu to finish the final one!

I cut out a heart around each of the areas where we met, married and anniversaried (I know its not an official word, but it works for me) then placed a heart on the area closest to the location of each place.



I then taped the back of the heart to the paper and added the lettering underneath and placed it inside the frame!






horse shoes, diy, decor, luck

I LOVE LOVE LOVE how it turned out and love the horse shoes next to them! It makes me smile every time I see them and brings back so many memories over the last 9 years we've been together and how far we've come!

No comments:

Post a Comment