Friday, May 31, 2013

Bathroom Lighting

I love barn lights.  There is just something about them, maybe that they look old and I love old stuff.  Barn lighting has really made a huge comeback lately so of course finding one on Craigslist was IMPOSSIBLE!

I was about to drop the coin for this one ($200+ with everything I wanted), I literally had my finger on the mouse ready to pay for it:

14" Original Stem Mount Pendant, 975-Galvanized | 18" Stem

Until saying I was going to wait one more day and try to find something a little more in my budget.

Finding this one was way more in our budget at $89.97:

Home Decorators Collection 1-Light Weathered Bronze Pendant Light


The only thing I wasn't a fan of was the color.  It was a bit dark for the bathroom so out came the spray paint.  I knew the entire time that whatever color we painted the vent, the light was getting the same color to tie the two together more! 

Two coats of Rust-oleum's Painter's Touch Ultra Coverage in "Eden" and we were super happy with the results!



Once it was dry the hubs brought it in and reinstalled it in the bathroom and I think I was jumping up and down with excitement!!  Instead of an epic fail, this was an epic win in my books!  I even found an "old vintage style" light bulb to use instead of the newer ones which I think really adds...it's the small things that make me the happiest!


Figuring out the light situation narrows our list down to completing this bathroom! I've been busting my buns on the built in to try to get it how I want it, but other things have been coming up but I think I see an end in sight!!!

Here's the updated list as of of everything we need to do and need to buy for this project:

  • Clean out crap aka: empty boxes and dog food from the room
  • Clear out any remaining debris and rip up remaining flooring
  • Remove/replace unused pipe/electrical wiring
  • Replace any weak flooring
  • Install piping for shower/faucet
  • Update electrical
  • Buy concrete board and drywall
  • Frame out shower and built-in
  • Insulate walls
  • Install concrete board and drywall 
  • Figure out if we are doing a shower basin or having a tiled shower floor
  • Buy tile
  • Install tile
  • Grout tile
  • Caulk corners
  • Seal grout
  • Paint
  • Touch up paint
  • Install molding/trim
  • Paint/seal interior of built in
  • Remember that we forgot a bunch of little stuff that we will buy and take forever to put in.






5 comments: