Friday, January 10, 2014

Epsom Salt Wine Bottle Fail

Two years ago before Christmas I did the "white spray painted bottle with spray adhesive and epsom salt" project. It was easy, a little sticky but turned out awesome. This is the only picture that I could really find, which doesn't do justice, but the other one is how they looked close up!



Wine bottles spray painted white and dipped in Epsom salt.

It was so great I decided to keep the bottles around all year and so they stayed on our shelf in our living room. Slowly I started noticing more and more of the Epsom salt falling off of the bottles, thus resulting in a HUGE mess all over our shelves. With tubs everywhere, garland and lights tangled all over our floors, ornaments and tree debris flying everywhere, I decided it would be a good idea to take on this project.


I loved the idea of pretty white bottles, but the Epsom salt was a pain. So I decided to switch things up and rather then use Epsom salt, I used silver glitter that I had. I do have to say that I like the way this turned out much more, especially knowing that I do not have to worry about the glitter flaking off like the Epsom salt did!

epsom salt, wine bottle, white paint, pinterest project, silver glitter

The hubs wasn't the happiest that I had a "squirrel" moment and decided to do this project rather then setting up our Christmas decor, but he got over it.  I probably could have used a new-used wine bottle, but decided to just take off all the Epsom salt and start from there.

epsom salt, wine bottle, white paint, pinterest project, silver glitter


I painted them with some white paint that I had about half way up then faded the silver glitter up the bottle. Wham, bam, thank you ma'am and I was done.  It took longer to clean up the glitter everywhere then it did to complete the project.

epsom salt, wine bottle, white paint, pinterest project, silver glitter
 The picture doesn't do justice to how sparkly they look and it's nice that I don't have to worry about Epsom salt getting EVERYWHERE!!


No comments:

Post a Comment