Sunday, December 8, 2013

Tree Lights Dilemma

EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. The hubs and I always run into headaches while putting our tree up.  We have a fake tree, with lights on it already, and can never locate the plugs that attach from the lights on the top of the tree to the middle and from the middle of the tree to the lowest section.  I think last year I was ready to throw the tree outside and put lights on one of my barely alive house plants. 

We could probably avoid this by getting a real tree, but frankly, I don't have the greenest of thumbs so I'm sure I would kill the tree and start a fire.

The hubs is WAY more patient than I am when it comes to anything.  Water boiling, painting, small details of a project that I hate finishing, oh yeah and setting up the Christmas tree.  I am great at starting the projects, but I hate, hate, hate prepping for them.

This year, to avoid the whole, "where are the lights connected at?" dilemma, the hubs did this:

christmas lights, fake tree, christmas tree, setting up a christmas tree

 Simple: He tied some yarn that we had around each of the cords that plug into each other on the tree.  I was a little hesitant with the color he picked for the yarn because it was pretty noticeable before we had any ornaments on the tree, which I guess is what we wanted, but here is it all set up:

christmas lights, fake tree, christmas tree, setting up a christmas tree


We love it and you can't see the yarn at all, unless you are REALLY looking for it.  It's going to make our lives just a little easier during the set up and take down for future Christmas' to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment