Saturday, February 9, 2013

Cheesy Chicken and Wild Rice with Mushroom Casserole

I had bought a rotisserie chicken a few days earlier and had some left over shredded chicken that I didn't know what to do with.  I put together this recipe with my precooked mushrooms that I make on my Sunday nights and include in dishes throughout the week.  This dish is so easy, quick to put together and healthy!

What you will need:


  • 1-2 boxes of Rice A Roni Long Grain & Wild Rice (depending on how much rice you like)
  • 1 tbs Lite Soy Sauce
  • 1 10oz can of Campless Heart Healthy Cream of Mushroom Soup
  • 2-3 cups of shredded chicken
  • 2 cups of curried mushrooms
  • 1 cup of shredded cheese (whichever is your preference-I used nacho)


Start out by cooking the rice per the directions on the box.  When the rice is almost done preheat your oven to 350 degrees.




Once the rice is done cooking add it to the chicken in a casserole dish then add in the cream of mushroom soup mix, soy sauce and curried mushrooms and mix thoroughly.  Then take the dish and put it in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. 






After 25 minutes take the dish out and evenly spread the shredded cheese on top and put it back in the oven for another 10 minutes or until its bubbly and gooey on top.



 Bring it out of the oven and let it sit for a few minutes then serve!!


 Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment